Monday, August 15, 2011

Scenes from Rip It Up and Start Again - An introduction

Today I started reading Simon Reynolds' book "Rip It Up And Start Again - Post Punk 1978-1984". From the first pages I noticed that there was something missing: I had never heard the majority of the bands or songs he was talking about and therefore could only have a partial comprehension of the music the author described. That's how I had the idea to start this project, with the aim to provide readers with an useful audiovisual companion while reading the book.
Each day I will post audio and video links of the music Reynolds describes in his book, together with some quotes from "Rip It Up And Start Again". Hopefully, this will allow readers to have a better understanding of the music that is so thoroughly described in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment